Venue fishing report for the week ending November 13.
162 anglers caught 588 fish of which 215 were returned
14lb 1oz Charlie Abrahams, Digswell, blob, boat
8lb 7oz John Williams, Wolverhampton, cruncher
8lb 0oz Charlie Abrahams, Digswell, apps bloodworm, boat
7lb 8oz Phil Caress, Peterborough, damsel
6lb 6oz Alistair McCrae
6lb 3oz M. Nicholson, Tunbridge Wells, boat
6lb 0oz Finbarr McSweeney, Wellingborough
5lb 10oz Derek Benamore, Finedon
5lb 8oz Paul Styles, boat
Bank - dam, brookside, lodge bank
Boat - lodge end
cruncher, diawl bach, wet or dry hoppers, white/green lures, montana, apps bloodworm
The mild weather is keeping most of the fish near the surface. A real mixture of methods and patterns are working as long as the flies are kept in the top 2 foot.
The lodge end of the lake is now the best place to fish.
Plenty of out of season browns being caught up to 3lb, especially by bank anglers fishing near the tree lined areas.
Dave Hughes Memorial Fur & Feather
Unusually this event was fished in temperatures of 18 degrees!
18 bank and 24 boat anglers took part. The last two years has seen bank anglers have a clear advantage in this match but this year 6 out of the top ten fished from a boat.
6 boat and 6 bank anglers had their six fish limit.
42 anglers caught 123 fish
1. Charlie Abrahams, Digswell, boat 31lb 3oz ( inc 14-1 and 8-0 )
2. Graham Herbert, Leicester, boat 18lb 9oz
3. John Tomson, Corby, boat 14lb 14oz
4. Stuart Kerr, Leicester, boat 14lb 6oz
5. Graham England, Leicester, bank 13lb 11oz
6. John Pointer, Corby, boat 13lb 10oz
7. Bart Farmer, Great Shelford, boat 11lb 12oz
8. Mark Postles, Bedford, bank 11lb 6oz
9. Fen Oakley, Sudborough, bank 10lb 12oz
10. Steve Johnson, Raunds, bank 10lb 7oz
A total of £541.20 was raised for the British Heart Foundation and Air Ambulance.
Many thanks to the generous anglers who supported the event.
Nov 14th, 18th