Sunday, June 29th will see the third version of the Northamptonshire Angling Festival take place. The event is the largest angling event in the county and brings together angling clubs and coaches to help introduce more families to angling and improve the skills of existing anglers.
Fully supported by Northamptonshire County Council, taster sessions will be delivered by qualified, licensed angling coaches giving participants the chance to catch their first fish, learn how to cast a fly, stalk the River Nene for chub, tie a fly or improve their casting technique. All taster sessions are completely free to take part in with the coaches themselves all volunteering their time to take part.
This will be the third year that the event has run at Barnwell Country Park, Oundle and we are now looking for support from your organisation to help the event grow. The 2013 event engaged over 100 new anglers and with more on offer this year, we expect it to be even bigger. All those taking part will receive information on angling opportunities within Northamptonshire (info on further coaching sessions, competitions, fisheries and clubs) as well as local tackle shops and information on your organisation.
This event is not run for profit but to simply help increase the number of people going fishing. To help this event be as successful as possible, we are requesting the following support from angling organisations:
· Promotional support to advertise the event
· Any marketing/promotional material from your organisation to hand out to those attending the Northamptonshire Angling Festival
· Any basic tackle elements to be given to one individual as part of a free prize draw to encourage further participation in angling away from the day.
In return supporting organisations will receive:
· Mentions in marketing material which will be circulated to all schools in Northamptonshire (with support of Northamptonshire Sport) and local organisations
· Mentions in local and national press releases which included coverage on BBC Radio Northampton in 2013 and through the Angling Trust network
· Information on your organisation included in the angling guide given to all participants.
The Northamptonshire Angling Festival provides the perfect opportunity to get into the sport, completely free of charge and with your support can continue to get more and more people fishing. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the event further.